The apple iCloud is a fantastic way to save data, images, and backups, While at first, it seems infinite, your iCloud storage can quickly fill up. If you use iCloud Drive to store and transfer a large number of files across devices, you may want to purchase additional iCloud storage. Or you find yourself not needing as much Apple iCloud storage for your iPhone, iPad, or Mac— canceling your iCloud storage subscription could be an option.
I will be showing you, how to adjust iCloud storage plans or cancel an iCloud subscription in iPhone Settings and how to delete an iCloud account.
How to Cancel Your iCloud Storage Subscription on an iPhone or iPad
- In Settings, tap your Apple ID.
- In Apple ID settings, tap “iCloud.”
- In iCloud, select “Manage Storage.” You’ll find it just under the storage capacity bar graph.
- On the “Upgrade iCloud Storage” screen, scroll down to the bottom and tap “Downgrade Options.”
- If necessary, sign in with your Apple ID password. Then, on the “Storage” screen, look for the “Choose Downgrade” section at the bottom. Select the “Free” option from the list and tap “Done.”
- A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm the downgrade. Tap “Downgrade,” and you’re set.
Delete Apple iCloud account on iPhone
Before proceeding to delete the iCloud account permanently, make sure to do the following:
- Back up file and data contents i.e. photos, videos, email, calendar events as well as iTunes and iBooks purchases before you delete iCloud Account.
- Make sure to remove devices linked with Apple ID. Here’s how to do this:
- Sign in to your iCloud account at Apple.
- Once you are already signed in, scroll down to the Devices section.
- Click on the device image. A popup window appears for each of the devices showing its details.
- Scroll down and click on the Remove from Account.
- Repeat the process on each of the devices linked to your Apple ID.
How to Permanently Delete iCloud Account
- Logged into your iCloud account at the iCloud website
- On the Manage Account section, clock on Go to your Apple ID account page.
- Scroll down at the bottom to find Data & Privacy Section, now click on Manage your Privacy
- Scroll down from the list of options to find the Delete Your Account option.
- Click on Delete Your Account
- A Pop-window will then appear to select the reason for requesting to delete your account.
- Apple will then remind you to review the Terms and Conditions for Deletion, Put a checkmark in the box if you’ve read it and agree with it.
- Contact information will then be asked as to where the status of the account deletion request is to be sent. You must provide an alternate email and not the email add you are deleting the account.
- You will be provided with an access code that is unique in case you need to contact Apple Support to follow up on your request or to cancel the request for deletion.
The whole process of deleting your apple iCloud storage account can take up to a week, offering Apple plenty of time to ensure that you, the account user, are the one requesting the deletion and not someone else. Your account is still active and usable prior to the end of the deletion process.
The Guide above covers the following; How to Permanently Delete iCloud Account. Delete Apple iCloud account on iPhone. How to Cancel Your iCloud Storage Subscription on an iPhone or iPad