What is PDF
Portable document format (PDF) are text format that is used to save file which can’t be edited anymore but still very flexible to share and print out. They are majorly used to share read only document that preserve the layout of a page.
PDFs are commonly used for document like application forms, eBooks, scanned documents etc.
Read also:HOW TO TURN OFF FACEBOOK COMMENT
PDF was established in 1990s to help people open document saved in its format on any hardware or operating system without having the original app that was used to create the document and also help the document to maintain its layout and look the same in respective of wherever it was opened.
How to reduce PDF size
Files saved in PDF format often come with a default size most which are always high to make use of especially in a case where such file is to be uploaded.
For instance, many government website affixed a specific PDF file size on whichever documents that should be uploaded on there website and any size above their maximum pegged sized wont be accepted.
This file restriction has led to many people failure to complete whatever they needed to do as their PDF file is larger than what is wanted.
The only way to make things right is to compress or reduce the PDF file size unfortunately, many are not aware of how to do it.
In this article, we will show you various method to reduce your PDF file to the particular file you want.
Most of these method are free and after using it to reduce your PDF file, you can make use of them in almost all the operating systems.
How to convert PDF files (online)
The first step allow you to reduce PDF file online. It is supported on android, ios, windows and MAC os. The steps are shown below.
- Go to “ilovePDF.com” and tap “compress PDF”
- On the next page, tap “download compressed PDF” to save the file on your device.
How to compress PDF on MAC
As a MAC owner, you don’t need to use any third part app or even go online to reduce your PDF files.
You can just compress PDF file on MAC by following the following steps.
- Open the PDF you want to convert
- After it has opened, tap on file and click on export
- Change the “quartz filter” from none to “reduce file size”
- Tap save to proceed and save the compressed PDF in your system.
How to convert PDF on window 10
To reduce PDF file in window 10, you have to implore the uses of a third-party app that will enable you to convert the PDF file offline.
Read also: How to recover lost WhatsApp messages
Although, there are several app that can do the compression but among them all, the best fit for the work is 4dots free PDF compress.
- Below are steps to use 4dots free PDF compress to reduce file size in windows.
- Download 4dots free PDF compress and install it on your window computer
- Launch the app and click add file to add the PDF you want to compress
- Choose the exact number of size you want to convert the PDF to
- Once done, hit compress and you’re done. Your compressed file will be saved locally on your windows.
All these are patterns to reduce PDF file without making a payment or even over stressing yourself to do it. By following all these guides, you will from henceforth find PDF conversion easy and simple to do.