Windows is one of the most widely used operating systems in the world.
Despite being only a few years old, Windows 10 is now installed on billions of machines throughout the world.
Windows 11 replaces it, providing new capabilities and a much cleaner interface.
It’s already in “beta test” mode, but won’t be available to the general public for several months.
How to install Windows 11 beta
First, check to be sure that your computer meets the Windows 11 minimum system requirements.
- Processor: 1GHz or faster with 2+ cores on 64-bit chip
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB or larger
- System Firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable
- Graphics: DirectX 12 compatible
- Display: 9-inch or more with 720p HD resolution
- Internet Access
- Next, you’ll need to join the Windows Insider Program.
- First, go to Settings, and then choose Update & Security.
- At the top of the page, you’ll see an option to join the Windows Insider Program – choose Get Started.
- From there, link your Microsoft account, and then choose your “channel”.
- For this, you’ll want to pick the Beta Channel – as it gets updates far earlier than the Release Preview Channel.
- Confirm that, then restart your computer.
- Once it’s back on, go to Settings and then Update & Security.
- Choose Check For Updates, and then wait for the Windows 11 installation.
- You’ll be guided through the installation, and then be able to access How to Install Windows 11 TODAY – A simple technique to get the lovely new PC upgrade before the rest of the worldthe brand new OS.
One other thing to note: beware of dangerous Windows 11 scams – only download the software through the official Microsoft tool.