Losing WhatsApp messages on smart phones either android or IOS is something that occurs often.
Whenever your WhatsApp messages are lost, the first process to recover or restore them back is the restore backup data.
Therefore, there has been numbers of demands from smart phone users on how to get their deleted WhatsApp messages back.
In this article, we would highlight different ways to recover your WhatsApp chats with backup.
How to recover WhatsApp messages
WhatsApp is a leading social media company which has different and unique features that make it easier for the users.
WhatsApp makes is possible to erase messages; also make possible on how to recover these deleted messages that were deleted.
Recovering the deleted messages can either be done with Google drive or form the local back up in phone internal memory/sd card.
Mostly, people do back the WhatsApp messages on Google drive.
Probably you may even set your messages to back up automatically to your Google drive just the way WhatsApp back up messages automatically to the local drive.
Below are step by step guide to recover your deleted messages on android from Google drive.
- Step 1: Make sure that you have a backup of your WhatsApp chat history and also know when was your chats history is updated last. You can check the last the update under; WhatsApp > settings > chats > chat backup.
- Step 2. Delete your WhatsApp app on your device
- Step 3: Reinstall the app and launch or open it
- Step 4: Upon its launching, tap agree and continue and proceed to input your WhatsApp registered phone number to verification
- Step 5: Tap next after you have input your phone number and then press ok.
- Step 6: Input the WhatsApp verification code sent to you on the space provided. However, if your WhatsApp registered sim is on the phone, the verification will be automatic as there will be no need for you to input the codes yourself.
- Step 7: Click continue and when asked to either restore your WhatsApp back up or skip, tap the restore option and wait for the system to check for the last update on your Google drive and tap the continue button.
- Step 8: Wait for the restoration to be completed. After its completion, enter your name and tap next.
- Step 9: After confirming your name and have tap the next button, you will be taken to to your WhatsApp main page where you will see all your previously deleted messages.
How to restore WhatsApp messages from local backup.
WhatsApp helps it, users, to backup chats and others automatically every 2 am. These are backups are been saved on the device’s internal memory. It can also be saved to an sd card though.
So, your lost WhatsApp messages can also be retrieved back by simply restoring this backup.
Steps to restore WhatsApp messages from local backup
- Step 1: Ensure you have a file manager app on your phone or rather, download one.
- Step 2: Open your file manager app and select either internal memory or external device (sd card)
- Step 3: Scroll down to the folder named WhatsApp. Open the folder and check for a folder titled, database.
- Step 4: After you open the folder, there may be more than backup file on it. Choose the one you want to restore and rename it from “msgstore-YYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12” to “msgstore.db.crypt12”. Always keep remember to keep the crypt extension the same.
- Step 5: Uninstall and reinstall your WhatsApp app
- Step 6: Follow the set procedures and confirm your phone number.
- Step 7: When prompted to restore, tap restore and WhatsApp will automatically restore chats from this local backup. Restore WhatsApp messages from iphone to android.
How to move whatsapp messages from IPhone to android
If you are changing device from iphone to android, you will realize that there is threshold on ways to retrieve your WhatsApp data between the devices.
You may not be able to restore from iCloud backup of WhatsApp to android device because iCloud uses encryption that can not be recognized by android and the both are two different operating system.
The only possible way to get your WhatsApp message from IOS to android then is to make use of third party software such as Mobile trans-WhatsApp transfer.
Below are steps to use mobile trans software to restore your WhatsApp from iphone to an android device.
- Step 1: download and install mobiletrans on to your computer. Launch the app and select WhatsApp transfer in the main window to start
- Step 2: select “transfer WhatsApp messages” in the options that on the next screen and then connect both devices to the computer with USB cable
- Step 3: the program will detect the both device. Make sure that the iphone is the “source” device and the android device is the “destination” device. If this order is wrong, click “flip” to reorder the devices.
- Step 4: click on “start” and the transfer process will begin immediately. Keep the both devices connected to the computer until the process is complete and the program notifies you that the process is completed.
If you have searched for the following below this guide would have put you through.
How to recover lost WhatsApp messages. how to restore whatsapp messages on new phone. How to restore deleted WhatsApp messages without backup. How to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on Android. how to restore whatsapp messages on new phone
we take an indept view on How to recover lost WhatsApp messages, How to move whatsapp messages from IPhone to android and How to restore WhatsApp messages from local backup.