Juventus vs Chelsea: Stats from both side– The Italian giants alongside the defending champions are favorites to progress from the group, which has Malmo and Zenit St. Petersburg. Alvaro Morata misses Chelsea reunion through injury; N’Golo Kante out for Blues.
Ahead of the match, here are some facts and figures.
Juventus vs Chelsea head to head
- Juventus and Chelsea meet for the fifth time, all in the Champions League
- Both teams have won onnce and drawn twice
- In Chelsea’s single win over the Old Lady, Didier Drogba scored the only goal as they won 1-0 in the round of 16 during the 2008/09 season
- There have been four goals shared in the previous meetings between the sides, 2-2 draws in 2008/09 and 2012/13
- Juve won the two sides’ most recent meeting, recording a 3-0 home victory in the group stage in November 2012
- It was Roberto Di Matteo’s last match in charge of the Blues. The game at Stamford Bridge on matchday one that season ended 2-2.
- The Blues will be looking to equal their seven-game away winning record in the Champions League, set in 2008/09 and 2009/10
- A win will take the Blues to 150 victories in European competition
- It will be the Blues’ 278th European game
- Chelsea are undefeated in their last 12 Champions League group matches since their 1-0 loss to Valencia in 2019/20
- Since the start of last season, no team have lost fewer games (one) or kept more clean sheets (10) than Chelsea in the Champions League
- Chelsea have won six and drawn one of their past seven away group games in the competition, since they lost 3-0 in Roma in 2017.
- Chelsea are looking to win four consecutive Champions League matches without conceding a goal for the first time.
- The Blues’ overall record away to Serie A sides is one win, three draws and six defeats.
- Juventus won five of their six games in last season’s group stage
- Juventus have won 11 of their last 12 Champions League group stage matches, losing the other 2-0 against Barcelona in October 2020
- At home, Juventus have won seven of their last eight games in the Champions League, losing the other against Barcelona in October 2020.
- Juventus have won seven European Cup/Champions League matches against the reigning champions, with only Real Madrid winning more (11).
- Juve had to wait until week five for their first Serie A victory of the season when they won 3-2 at Spezia after being 2-1 down
- Massimiliano Allegri’s side are ninth with eight points from six games, 10 points behind leaders Napoli.
- Juventus have lost only five of their 46 European matches at the Juventus Stadium although four of those defeats have come in their last 14.